- You can belong to any religion. The Vedanta philosophy and its principles hold true regardless of the religion we are born into
- Vedanta does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin or any other denomination
- The basic truth that the Vedanta illuminates is that the fundamental divinity and the Divine are within us, not necessarily in specially designated holy places
- It follows that if the divinity we seek is actually within us, then we obviously don’t need a middleman , godman, preacher to reach God
- It puts us in charge of our divinity. We do not have to depend on any particular scriptures to tell what is divine and righteous and what isn’t
- It puts the responsibility of what happens to us on ourselves, through the concept of Karma and Karmic reaction
It helps us answer the basic questions of human existence.